Dear Wilson

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Dear Wilson,

Could being an administrative asistant at a large corporation be the perfect job while raising kids? There is a position in Bellevue at a big company -- with my background I think I could swing a 30 hour a week position. Catering, org charts, scheduling meetings and "tracking assets" seems blissful in a feminist world of "you must be more do more reach higher!" I imagine it could get a little boring, but at a decent wage, what's not to like? Arrive at 9:30, let the sales and technical people carry the stress of the day, while I field calls from the local deli trying to get my business for our next meeting. Or, having Joe Salesman, hand me his expense report to fill out and turn in. I can't imagine it would be as rewarding as being self-employed, but at this time in my life do I need rewarding??? I can see 5 years out that rewarding job will become priority, but reliability and consistency are starting to edge that out now. To "check in/check out" returning home each night without the pressure of advancement or learning new skills or pursuing a larger challenge just doesn't sound bad at all.

Yes, I'm sure Gloria Steinem is concerned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home